Re: create tablespace - cannot run inside a transaction block

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: create tablespace - cannot run inside a transaction block
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2019-09-25 at 14:50 +0000, Pepe TD Vo wrote:
> Normally, in Oracle we need to create database, tablespace then
> username/schema and tables, objects, etc...
>
> is the procedure as same as in Postgres?  I see the login and schema
> are totally different in Postgres.

No, normally you don't create tablespaces in PostgreSQL.
They are a few use cases for them, but not many.

There is nothing wrong with creating a schema with the same name
as the user in PostgreSQL, as long as you make sure that the
user owns the schema.

Then you have emulated Oracle's behaviour somewhat.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe
--
+43-670-6056265