Postgres Cookbook Website

От Ben Bennett
Тема Postgres Cookbook Website
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
Sorry for the wide mailing but I hope this will be useful.

I have thrown together a website that allows people to post recipes in
different sections.  Currently the interface allows someone to pose a
question and someone else to edit it as long as the solution has not
been filled.  Then only the answerer can edit the recipe.

Anyway, the URL is:
        http://www.limey.net/~fiji/cookbook/

I hope that the site will become a place where people can learn the
ins and outs of Postgres without cluttering the mailing lists.  Kind
of a dynamic FAQ.  This will probably evolve and get more polished
over time (assuming people use it and give me suggestions/criticisms).

The site was implemented using Apache, mod-perl, DBI and of course
Postgres.  And if anyone wants to see the sourcecode let me know.

I plan on adding the following features:
  - Tracking the submitter of a problem (before it has the solution)
  - A way to see unanswered recipes
  - A way to add comments to a recipe
  - An editor facility where people can moderate the recipes in a
    section (and even site wide editors)
  - A way to do multi-section recipes (not sure if that would get
    confusing though)
  - User authentication via cookies (if specified in the user profile)
  - Many little cleanups so the site looks prettier

  - Possibly adding section hierarchies (right now there are sections
    and recipes within a section not nested sections)
  - Probably should add some legalese saying that everything that you
    write on the site is copyright yourself but released under the
    Postgres license

                -ben