Re: [DOCS] RE: [HACKERS] Book PDF file was corrupt

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] RE: [HACKERS] Book PDF file was corrupt
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Palatino isn't one of the Base14 fonts, so unless it was included within
> the PDF, it wouldn't work unless the viewer had the font.

Strange thing is that it is embedded in the PDF file.  I can see the
file size with Palatino is 10 times the size with Times.  I later
realized that it is xpdf that has the problem.  gv/ghostscript are fine
viewing the Palatino PDF file.

I then read in the xpdf manual:

       At  this point, the biggest problem is that embedded fonts
       are not handled properly.

so it seems xpdf has a limitation here.  Palatino is good for outlines.