Re: Postgres SQL 6.3.2

От Peter Rye
Тема Re: Postgres SQL 6.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

    Gavin> Hi Please reply to gavin@space4u.com as i am not on the
    Gavin> postgresql mailing list (yet)

    Gavin> I compiled PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on my Alpha running linux.  with
    Gavin> egcs-2.91.57 (thats 1.1b) I got a few warnings but nothing that
    Gavin> looked to bad ..

<snip>

    Gavin> Any Ideas what that could be ?

I posted here recently with another set of problems related to PostgreSQL.
I compiled mine using egcs-1.1b, but I used the source and patches from Red
Hat SRPM.

Clearly there are a few problems to be sorted out with Postgres on
Linux-Alpha. I tried postgresql.v6.4-BETA2.tar.gz however the compile
failed due to some problems with some inline asm.

The good news is that there are a number of people actively working on
these problems and there should be fixes available in the not too distant
future. I'm afraid fixing Postgres is beyond my ability.

I have been in touch with Ryan Kirkpatrick who feels that he may have a
patch available in a few days.