Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with tsearch's configuration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with tsearch's configuration
Дата
Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with tsearch's configuration  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with tsearch's configuration  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't see any comparable arguments about this full-text search stuff.
> In particular I don't see any arguments why a change would necessary at
> all, including why moving to core would be necessary in the first
> place.

AFAIR the only argument in favor of that is basically a marketing one:
users perceive a feature as more real, or more supported, if it's in
core.  I don't find this argument especially compelling myself.