Re: autovacuum daemon question...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: autovacuum daemon question...
Дата
Re: autovacuum daemon question...  ("Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
Joe Maldonado <joe.maldonado@gmail.com> writes:
> I agree...for now while I'm developing and debugging my application I can
> have the logging be that verbose...I agree that these should be handled as
> info messages, since they are invaluable in investigating problems.

This would be a pretty bad idea IMHO, since it would lead to bloating
the logs with autovacuum progress messages by default --- and whatever
you may think about it, I really doubt that the average DBA will want
those messages there all the time.

I wonder whether it would be practical to let the autovacuum daemon have
its own value of log_min_messages.  The alternative to that seems to be
to invent a new log severity level just for autovacuum, which is pretty
gross (especially since it's not obvious how it should sort relative to
LOG and DEBUG1).