Re: server process (PID xxx) was terminated by signal 7

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: server process (PID xxx) was terminated by signal 7
Дата
Re: server process (PID xxx) was terminated by signal 7
Список pgsql-admin
Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> writes:
> In one of our remote pgsql 7.4.2 installations (no tcp/ip, no mgetty dialin
> works always), i got the above message.

Since you have not told us what the platform is, there is no way to
guess what signal 7 means.  Please look in its /usr/include/signal.h
(or more likely, some sub-file that includes) to find out the symbolic
name of the signal, and report that.

For instance, on the machine I'm on at the moment, I find this in
/usr/include/sys/signal.h:

#  define _SIGEMT    7    /* EMT instruction */

but I rather doubt that's what it means on yours.