Re: VARCHAR -vs- CHAR: huge performance difference?

От C. Bensend
Тема Re: VARCHAR -vs- CHAR: huge performance difference?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> The problem here isn't pg_autovacuum, but too small of settings for
> fsm.  I've run multi-day tests where autovacuum kept the size of the
> database pretty much the same with 200+ updates a second going on.

Hi Scott,

   Could you explain the fsm a little more?  I have done _no_ tuning on
my database simply because I don't know how, but I would be interested
to hear your recommendations for the fsm settings.

Thanks!

Benny

--
"Oh, the Jedis are going to feel this one!"       -- Professor Farnsworth,
                                                     "Futurama"