Re: what is the origin of postgreSQL time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: what is the origin of postgreSQL time
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Julius Tuskenis <julius@nsoft.lt> writes:
> I gues it would work for you:) It works on 8 servers, still not on this
> one. Permissions seem to be set ok too. Where does postgresql store its
> path to timezone directory? Is there any way to see where is it looking
> for timezone file 'Europe/Vilnius' or 'Egypt' (doesnt work too). In fact
> works only abbreviated timezones like MEST, EEST, GMT etc.... This beats
> me. I cant even imagine what to look for further.

Too bad this is 8.1; on something newer, the contents of the
pg_timezone_names view would be informative.

I still suspect an access permissions problem, but the only way I can
think of to be sure is to strace the Postgres backend process while
you issue SET TIMEZONE, and see what filename it tries to open and
what the kernel's return code is.