Re: Pre-allocation of space: a business rationale

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Pre-allocation of space: a business rationale
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Bath, David" <dave.bath@unix.net> writes:
> C) I want to avoid the possibility of uncontrolled growth of luser data
>    blowing disk leading to stoppage of 24x7 data.

You put the luser data and the critical data into separate tablespaces
that are in separate partitions (filesystems).  End of problem ...

(And no, I don't believe in having Postgres reinvent filesystem-level
functionality.  If you didn't set up appropriate hard partitions,
consider a loopback filesystem for your tablespace.)