Re: Is my database now too big?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is my database now too big?
Дата
Re: Is my database now too big?  (Darren Reed <darrenr@fastmail.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
Darren Reed <darrenr@fastmail.net> writes:
> # /usr/pkg/bin/psql -U postgres template1
> psql: FATAL:  out of memory
> DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 20.

I'm starting to think there is something very broken about your machine :-(.
Have you run any hardware diagnostics on it lately?  The level of
flakiness you're seeing starts to suggest bad RAM to me.

Anyway, the above error should have also produced a map of per-context
memory usage in the postmaster log (ie, postmaster stderr).  If you
could show us that, it might be revealing.