create tablespace - cannot run inside a transaction block

От Pepe TD Vo
Тема create tablespace - cannot run inside a transaction block
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good morning Experts,

I'm so sorry for asking a stupid question in postgres again.  I am working on AWS server/Postgresql.  When I execute a query for creaing the database and/or from the pgAdmin wizzard, I get an error, " CREATE database cannot run inside a transaction block"
Finally, I created a database and when I try to create tablespace, I get the same error that cannot run inside a transaction block.   I used to create tablespaces fine before migrate to Postgres 11.x,

Inline image

CREATE TABLESPACE pkihtts_data
  OWNER "PSmasteruser"
  LOCATION '/rdsdbdata/db/base/tablespace/pkihtts_data';

or
CREATE TABLESPACE pkihtts_data
  OWNER "PSmasteruser"
  LOCATION '/rdsdbdata/db/base/tablespace/';

or
CREATE TABLESPACE pkihtts_data
  OWNER "PSmasteruser"
  LOCATION '/rdsdbdata/';

Inline image

none of them work.
Normally, in Oracle we need to create database, tablespace then username/schema and tables, objects, etc...

is the procedure as same as in Postgres?  I see the login and schema are totally different in Postgres.

any input would appreciated.

thank you,

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success
Вложения