Re: When do vacuumed pages/tuples become available for reuse?

От rihad
Тема Re: When do vacuumed pages/tuples become available for reuse?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/11/2019 06:41 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2019-Apr-11, rihad wrote:

>>> It's six bytes per dead tuple, last I checked ... you do the math.

>>> Well, usually people prefer to minimize the number of passes over
>>> the indexes.
>> Yup, it's just that n_dead_tuples grows by several hundred thousand (the
>> table sees much much more updates than inserts) and disk usage grows
>> constantly between several hour long vacuum runs. Running vacuum full isn't
>> an option.
> Perhaps it'd be better to vacuum this table much more often.

Each run took 5-6 hours, now it takes 2-3 hours after I've tweaked some
cost-based vacuum knobs.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: When do vacuumed pages/tuples become available for reuse?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: When do vacuumed pages/tuples become available for reuse?