Re: vacuum locking

От Rob Nagler
Тема Re: vacuum locking
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Stephen writes:
> I ran into the same problem with VACUUM on my Linux box. If you are running
> Linux, take a look at "elvtune" or read this post:

The default values were -r 64 -w 8192.  The article said this was
"optimal".  I just futzed with different values anywere from -w 128 -r
128 to -r 16 -w 8192.  None of these mattered much when vacuum is
running.

This is a RAID1 box with two disks.  Even with vacuum and one other
postmaster running, it's still got to get a lot of blocks through the
I/O system.

Rob