Re: character set

От Palle Girgensohn
Тема Re: character set
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well, the problem is probably the GNU readline library. postgresql supports
the character set you ask it to support, but if you want to use psql to get
the right characters into the database, you must have LC_ALL (or LANG) set
to a locale that has latin1 support, when you run psql. alas, "env
LANG=sv_SE.ISO8859-15 psql".

Of course, your terminal must also accept eight bit characters.

Unfortunately, readline does not support Meta- combinations and locale at
the same time,
it seems meta is using the 8:th bit.

--On onsdag, mars 12, 2003 17.29.54 -0300 Fernando Papa <fpapa@claxson.com>