Re: restore time: sort_mem vs. checkpoing_segments

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: restore time: sort_mem vs. checkpoing_segments
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

RT> hmm... i wonder what would happen if you pushed your sort_mem higher...
RT> on some of our development boxes and upgrade scripts, i push the
RT> sort_mem to 102400 and sometimes even higher depending on the box. this
RT> really speeds up my restores quit a bit (and is generally safe as i make
RT> sure there isn't any other activity going on at the time)

Ok... just two more tests to run, no big deal ;-)

RT> another thing i like to do is turn of fsync, as if the system crashes in
RT> the middle of reload i'm pretty sure i'd be starting all over anyway...

I'll test it and see what happens.  I suspect not a big improvement on
a hardware RAID card with 128Mb backed up cache, though.  But never
say never!

Сообщение: Re: Is there a reason _not_ to vacuum continuously?
Сообщение: Re: Is there a reason _not_ to vacuum continuously?