Re: FATAL: could not read statistics message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FATAL: could not read statistics message
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alexander Stanier <alexander.stanier@egsgroup.com> writes:
> 2005-07-20 21:24:15 BST [13299] FATAL:  could not read statistics
> message: Resource temporarily unavailable

> Does anyone know what this means?

It evidently means that the pgstat collector process got an EAGAIN errno
from recv() while trying to read a stats message.  While EAGAIN is
certainly documented as a possible failure from recv(), I'm finding it
hard to see why any kernel would return that for a read from a file that
has just told select() it is read-ready.  What platform are you on?
Were you having better luck with an earlier PG version, and if so which?