Re: Cascade Standby - HELP!

От Scott Whitney
Тема Re: Cascade Standby - HELP!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
My only response that might help you with this is that my setup is:

Server 1) primary production db server (5432)

Server 2) replicates production (5432) also primary for non-production use (6432)

Server 3) (offsite) replicates #2 (5432 -> 7432 internally and 6432 -> 6432) AND hosts internal databases

So:
1) Production
2) Replication + non production
3) Internal + replication of NON production + replication of PRODUCTION (via the cascaded server)

I would find that when replicating the PRODUCTION server internally (#3), I had not set wal_keep_segments high enough,
due to the lag of WAN replication, production and non production would replicate fine (gigabit backend), but sometimes when
a load of data was being updated/moved/deleted, the offsite (#3) would fall behind far enough that it could not recover
without a new pg base backup, in essence setting up replication again.

I solved this by upping the wal_keep_segments.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response. Mine is 9.2.4 and the issue is specifically with cascading standby. I don’t think 8.3 had that feature.

Murthy