Re: Cannot initdb for 8.2.1 - "..../postgres.bki" does not exist

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cannot initdb for 8.2.1 - "..../postgres.bki" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Simon Kinsella" <simon@bluefiresystems.co.uk> writes:
> \u@cheddar> /usr/local/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -E UNICODE
> initdb: file "/usr/local/share/postgresql/postgres.bki" does not exist
> This means you have a corrupted installation or identified
> the wrong directory with the invocation option -L.

> The .../share/postgresql/ files do exist.

Looking at the code, this message is emitted if attempting to stat() the
file fails, regardless of what the actual errno is.  So I'm wondering
about permissions problems, specifically inability to search one of the
directories on the path.

We should adjust initdb to report the actual kernel errno value, instead
of presuming that it's "file not found".