Re: Query much slower on 9.6.5 than on 9.3.5

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Query much slower on 9.6.5 than on 9.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/5/19 6:23 AM, Rob Northcott wrote:
> Ah, fair enough – I’ll get into the habit of doing that then.  Thanks again.
>
> Rob

After the dump/restore cycle I would recommend a "VACUUM FREEZE ANALYZE"
if you can tolerate the time it takes, as this will not only ensure that
the statistics are populated, but it will also get future rewrites of
the rows out of the way all at once (visibility hint bits and freezing
of the tuples).

Joe
--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com