Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 21:19, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, I think you are right: presence of recovery.conf should force a
>> WAL scan even if pg_control claims it's shut down.  Fix committed.

> This *should* be possible but I haven't tested it.

I did.

It's really not risky.  The fact that the code doesn't look beyond the
checkpoint record when things seem to be kosher is just a speed
optimization (and probably a rather pointless one...)  We have got to be
able to detect the end of WAL in any case, so we'd just find there are
no more records and stop.