Re: bgwriter, checkpoints, curious (seeing delays)

От Jochen Erwied
Тема Re: bgwriter, checkpoints, curious (seeing delays)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Friday, February 26, 2010, 7:20:38 AM you wrote:

> "checkpoint_completion_target (floating point)

> interesting that it's a .5 second default setting and I'm seeing
> exactly that .5 second delay.

It's not an exact time, but a multiplier to 'checkpoint_timeout'. So a
setting of .5 with a timeout of 300 seconds means a checkpoint should be
completed after 300*0.5 = 150 seconds.

--
Jochen Erwied     |   home: jochen@erwied.eu     +49-208-38800-18, FAX: -19
Sauerbruchstr. 17 |   work: joe@mbs-software.de  +49-2151-7294-24, FAX: -50

Сообщение: Re: bgwriter, checkpoints, curious (seeing delays)
Сообщение: Re: bgwriter, checkpoints, curious (seeing delays)