Re: PostgreSQL db

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: PostgreSQL db
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL db  (Frank Zhou <zhouxuesong@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Amit Sharma <asharma@verts.co.in> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:

>> Personally, I managed a machine which typically had 3000 users
>> running queries against it while about 20 million
>> INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE statements per day were run against it.
>> Tuning showed best performance when we used connection pools
>> with 35 connections for read-only queries and 6 connections for
>> the DML.

> May I know the machine configuration esp. the hardware
> configuration that you used for this setup?

It had 16 cores and 256GB RAM, a RAID controller with 256MB
battery-backed RAM configured for write-back for a 40 drive RAID 5
array, with a separate BBU controller for a RAID 1 pair for the OS
and another for the WAL (pg_xlog directory).

Oh, and the database was over 3TB and growing fairly quickly.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com