Re: slow query - will CLUSTER help?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: slow query - will CLUSTER help?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Sev Zaslavsky <sevzas@gmail.com> wrote:

I want to agree with everything Shaun said and add a tiny bit.

> Does loading 24Gb of data in 21 sec seem "about right"?

It's a little on the slow side.  You said 1634 page reads.  At 9 ms
per read that would be 14.7 seconds.  But I'm basing the 9 ms per
page read on my Linux experience, and I remember benchmarking the
same application hitting PostgreSQL on the same hardware as about
30% faster on Linux than on Windows, so that *almost* makes up for
the difference.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com