Re: Hot Standby performance issue

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Hot Standby performance issue
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
sparikh <sparikh@ecotality.com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL 9.1.1

You really should apply the fixes for bugs and security
vulnerabilities which are available.  Some of those may address a
relevant performance problem.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

> the performance was good in September and somewhere in October it
> started slowing down. I guess it was gradual. There were no code
> change in the application or major change in the data volume.

We really need to see your configuration, along with a description
of the machine.  One common cause for such a slowdown is not having
autovacuum configured to be aggressive enough.  Another possible
cause is a transaction which has been left open for too long.  Look
at pg_stat_activity and pg_prepared_xacts for xact_start or
prepared more than an hour old.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby performance issue
Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby performance issue