Re: Do the name of the WAL files matter?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Do the name of the WAL files matter?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"ml@bortal.de" <ml@bortal.de> writes:
> do the names of the WAL Files matter when doing a restore?

Yes.

> I would like to modify the archive command and give the target WAL file
> some better name.

Don't even think about it --- unless you are prepared to reverse the
change during restore.  You could possibly rename NNNNNN to
postgresql-wal-NNNNNN or something like that, and then back again in
the restore script.  But pray tell what is the point?  Just put them
in a subdirectory that explains what they are, and save yourself some
trouble.