Re: H800 + md1200 Performance problem

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: H800 + md1200 Performance problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> From: Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>
>On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Cesar Martin <cmartinp@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Finally the problem was BIOS configuration. DBPM had was set to "Active
>> Power Controller" I changed this to "Max
>> Performance". http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/power-cooling/w/wiki/best-practices-in-power-management.aspx
>> Now wirite speed are 550MB/s and read 1,1GB/s.
>
>Why in the world would a server be delivered to a customer with such a
>setting turned on?  ugh.

Because it's Dell and that's what they do.

When our R910s arrived, despite them knowing what we were using them for, they'd installed the memory to use only one
channelper cpu. Burried deep in their manual I discovered that they called this "power optimised" mode and I had to buy
awhole extra bunch of risers to be able to use all of the channels properly.

If it wasn't for proper load testing, and Greg Smiths stream scaling tests I don't think I'd even have spotted it.