Re: version controlling postgresql code

От Greg Williamson
Тема Re: version controlling postgresql code
Дата
Список pgsql-general
akp geek  asked:

>         Would like to know if any one of you have used CVS or some other version controlling tools to version the
postgrescode? Any recommendations? Appreciate your help

I used CVS at previous jobs.

Currently the place I work uses git and a set of rules for programmers who create DDL changes, including rollback
options(such as renaming columns to dropme_xxx instead of simply dropping them outright in the first change set).

The SQL files are checked in with a timestamp which controls the order of updates when we apply them to runtime.

I've had unpleasant experiences with commercial tools; CVS works well for simple environments and git can be used for
moretangled development work.

HTH,

Greg Williamson

От: hamann.w@t-online.de
Сообщение: Re: what Linux to run
От: Clodoaldo Neto
Сообщение: Error installing plpythonu in 9.1