Re: RESTORE IS TO SLOW

От marvin.deoliveira
Тема Re: RESTORE IS TO SLOW
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm using postgres 9.0.2 32 bits on Debian 5.
The hardware is a pc with 2 GB RAM, with 2 sata disks. Well, that's what I
have at the moment.

The restore was started like:  pg_restore -U postgres --data-only
--disable-triggers -v /bck/<dump file>.sql -d <database>
The pg_restore shows:
pg_restore: disabling triggers for <table name>
pg_restore: restoring data for table "<table name>"  <- that's taking more
time that I'd like.
pg_restore: enabling triggers for <table name>

I've read the posts that you send, and saw a lot of things that I didn't do.
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have much better performance after change
the parameters.
But I still have a doubt: Droping the indexes, could give me more
performance?

-----
Marcos Oliveira
And I still haven't found what I'm looking for...