Re: Pgadmin plugins

От salah jubeh
Тема Re: Pgadmin plugins
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello,

I need repository plug in in order to control my DDL, currently I am using text files to create sachems, procedures , etc.  and it will be great if I can keep track of how the schema changes and even to protect against errors such as accidental file deletion.

Regarding code ordering , I mean indentation and order the sql code to make it more readable. this can found in all Integrated development environments for c++, and java.

regarding the plug in you are right I am using an old version so the psql console is not there, but is there away to enable repository plug in and get the text file in the Pgadmin editor.

Kind regards

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
To: salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Pgadmin plugins

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 08:22 -0700, salah jubeh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I find  pgadmin  a nice software,  but I think it lacks some fundamental
> functionalities mainly  repositories support including git and cvs.

I also do think pgAdmin lacks some nice features, but repository
support, I don't even understand what you want :)

>  Also, some enhancement on the editor would be nice such as auto completion

Already in it.

> , code ordering,

Which means?

>  coloring

Already has it.

> , etc. I have seen that pgadmin have a menu called plugins, what is it for ?

To launch tools. The most obvious ones are psql or pg_dump, but every
tool you could imagine. IIRC, the PostGIS guys did a nice plugin (a
shapefile loader, I guess).

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info