Re: revoked permissions on table still allows users to see table's structure

От Bob Lunney
Тема Re: revoked permissions on table still allows users to see table's structure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Juan,

That is what schemas, permissions and search paths are for.  You create multiple schemas, put the tables in the
appropriateones, grant usage permissions to those users that need access to the schemas and set the search path to
searchthe schemas for objects.  Below is the test case.  It helps if you reset the psql prompt to display the current
user:

\set PROMPT1 '%m:%>:%n:%/:%R%x%# '

As the database owner:

create schema seethat;
create schema seewhat;
create user al_low;
create user dee_ny;
grant usage on schema seethat to al_low, dee_ny;
grant usage on schema seewhat to al_low;
set search_path to seethat, seewhat, public;

create table seethat.open(open_id int);
create table seewhat.closed(closed_id int);

set session authorization al_low;

\d

set session authorization dee_ny;

\d