Re: Another unexpected behaviour

От Shianmiin
Тема Re: Another unexpected behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shianmiin wrote:

> I thought the Atomic should be at statement level, could anyone tell me
> why PostgreSQL behaves differently?

re-state for clarification purpose.

Since SQL is a set language, there is no concept of row order. I thought the
checking should be on a per set operation (i.e. per statement), not per
micro operation basis (e.g. in this case, the order of operations could
result in success/failure). I don't know how strict the standard defines
here and it could be implementation specific. Still wondering why PostgreSQL
does it differently from other major DBMS?