data doesnt get saved in the database / idle in transaction

От Ksenia Marasanova
Тема data doesnt get saved in the database / idle in transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I have a  strange problem with my Postgres application. The problem is
that the data entered in the application never reaches the database,
although the record id (serial) is generated, and the record can be
retrieved again, and be modified. Multiple records can be added and
modified. But when i check the data with psql, the record is not
there.
The application uses persistant database connection, and when i check
the status of the connection, it shows: "idle in transaction".  I am
pretty sure that every insert is being committed with explicit
"commit()" . It always worked before.... weird.

thanks for any hints
Ksenia.