Re: PostgreSQL in Shared Disk Failover mode on FreeBSD+CARP+RAIDZ

От Snoop
Тема Re: PostgreSQL in Shared Disk Failover mode on FreeBSD+CARP+RAIDZ
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well, under this point of view I feel a bit lucky now. Having built-in
streaming replication is a big advantage and gives me the chance to
avoid third party applications. Despite there are good solutions out
there I believe that less complexity is always better.
Plus, I would really like to avoid a STONITH device .... sounds an
expensive and pretty critical solution.
Of course everything has his advantages/disadvantages but I'd like to
build something reliable/not too much expensive and most important thing
scalable. In the future you never know. I wouldn't like to regret being
successful because of a very bad initial design. :)

Cheers.