Re: Couple of admin Qs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Couple of admin Qs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 12:46 +0000, Lou Picciano wrote:
> Pg Admins,
>

> As many of you have done these things already (and yes, I have to dig
> further into the docs...)
>

> - Is there a privileges incantation which will limit a user's view,
> within a given cluster, to only those databases to which he can
> connect?  Ie, he'd see only the 3 or 4 databases to which he has
> privileges?  Does the privileges model permit this level of
> granularity?

They will be able to see every database but they won't be able to
connect unless you allow them, i.e; you can't stop them from executing
select * from pg_database but you can't stop them from actually
connecting to any of them.

> - Can someone point to an example of how to 'trigger' an event when a
> user logs on/off, or performs other non-data-touching actions, such as
> connecting to another database?

That is called logging. Just turn it on :D

>  Can't build a trigger on a function call, right?  Has to be based on
> a data change?

A trigger is based on data modification, yes.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor