Re: Statistics collector port / unix dom. socket?

От Peter Sabaini
Тема Re: Statistics collector port / unix dom. socket?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 14:04 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Peter Sabaini <peter.sabaini@ait.ac.at> wrote:
> >>
> >> No, the stats collector just uses whatever port bind() chooses for it.
> >
> > A pity.
> >
> >> I'd suggest backing off your ideas about how much filtering is
> >> appropriate for local connections.
> >
> > Since we're running multiple database instances with different projects
> > on one machine I'd like to isolate them as best I can.
>
> Maybe running them in individual VMs would do that.

We run them in containers (kind of like a chroot++). Since we're running
a lot of small projects on that machine, full virtualization (VMware,
Xen etc) would be unfeasible.

--
PETER SABAINI
Safety & Security Department

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Reininghausstraße 13/1  |  8020 Graz  |  Austria
T +43(0) 316 586570-55  |  M +43(0) 664 8251123  |  F +43(0) 316 586570-12
peter.sabaini@ait.ac.at |  http://www.ait.ac.at  |  http://www.ait.ac.at/eHealth
FN: 115980 i HG Wien    |  UID: ATU14703506

Kennen Sie die www.eHealth2010.at ?

This email and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone and delete this
message from your system and any printout thereof. Any unauthorized use,
reproduction, or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. AIT Austrian
Institute of Technology GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or
incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, nor shall it be liable for any delay in its receipt.