Re: Problems with createdb in MacOsX.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems with createdb in MacOsX.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Francis + Helena Madden <the.maddens@btinternet.com> writes:
> I've just upgraded my mac to osX.1 from 0.4, and postgresql (v7.1.2)
> while appearing to work properly at first gives errors in creating and
> deleting db's.

Apple broke the system() library function in 10.1, leading to crashes
in Postgres in the operations that rely on system() ... viz, CREATE
DATABASE and DROP DATABASE.

There is a workaround for this in 7.2b3.  If you aren't interested in
running beta code, you could possibly retrofit the fix into 7.1; it
involves adding the file system.c, see

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/port/darwin/system.c