Re: Database performance problems

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Database performance problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 14:45 +0000, Renato Oliveira wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I have been using Postgres but I am not an expert on the subject.
>

> I would be very grateful if someone could point to the right direction
> with regards this problem.
>

> We have a web application written in JAVA, using jaboss as a servlet.
>
> There are 100 connections open to the database server at any given
> time, apparently using hibernate.
>

> We are using Postgres 8.2.4 compiled
>
> The database size is 155GB
>
> We have 8GB of RAM
>
> 300GB Hard disk Raid1
>
> Everything is within a single Volume
>

> Today the load average was as high as 15

Linux?
Are you using elevator=deadline?
How many spindles, what type of raid?
Are you doing proper maintenance?

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Database performance problems
От: Richy Gerard
Сообщение: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn