Re: Question about replication options

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Question about replication options
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 13:29 -0500, Adam Tucker wrote:
> I'm interested in having live replication from one server to another, and I've looked into many of the options out
therebut I'm unclear on one part of it.  The way our database works is that each individual user account has their own
schema. When a new user signs up, a new schema is created and populated with basic data.

> Slony-I seemed like a good option, but in the documentation it states that it "does not automatically propagate
schemachanges."  Our schemas don't change after creation, but I am guessing that adding a schema to the database falls
underthe definition of "schema changes."

You will have to create the schema on the origin and subscriber and then
enable replication on that schema.

> Am I wrong about that limitation of Slony-I, and if not does anyone here have a recommendation for a replication
solutionthat would work for my situation?

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Question about replication options
От: Gera Mel Handumon
Сообщение: pg DATA folder restoration