Re: upgrading postgresql broke some queries

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: upgrading postgresql broke some queries
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 13:02 -0600, Aras Angelo wrote:

> I recently upgraded my box to the latest version. The  previous one
> was a bit outdated. Apparently we have some bad structure formatting
> in our db design, cause the latest version broke our software. The
> issue is some character varying fields are used in queries joining to
> integers. The old db server was just allowing us to join INT to CHAR.
> Now its not.

This was one of the changes in 8.3. Please see here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-3.html#AEN96354

> I was wondering if there is an easy global solution for this.

Until you fix your app, you can re-add these casts:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/d/d1/Pg83-implicit-casts.sql

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Вложения

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: RAID for the DB filesystem