Re: [PERFORMANCE] Buying hardware

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [PERFORMANCE] Buying hardware
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 14:58 -0500, Jeff wrote:

> voila. I have 2 full copies of the db.  You could even expand it a bit
> and after the rsync & friends have it fire up the instance and run
> pg_dump against it for a pg_restore compatible dump "just in case".
>
> It takes a long time to restore a 300GB db, even if you cheat and
> parallelify some of it. 8.4 may get a  pg_restore that can load in
> parallel - which will help somewhat.

Somewhat? Just to be clear, if you have the hardware for it, parallel
restore can take a 500GB restore in 2.5 hours (versus 15). IMO, that is
a *little* more than somewhat. Maybe, a bit? ;)

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORMANCE] Buying hardware
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORMANCE] Buying hardware