Re: Data Replication

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Data Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 19:24 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:

> > > True, we rely on the existence of rsync, scp etc.. and go to great pains
> > > to provide as much choice as possible.
> > >
> > > If you think other things are required you are welcome to contribute
> > > them so they can be verified fault free by the community.
> >
> > Well I already provided them, with pitrtools :P but my only point is
> > that we really do need to make sure and be clear about what we provide.
> > In true PostgreSQL fashion we only provide the functionality required to
> > build the tools we need.
>
> As I said before, if you think something is missing, submit a software
> or a doc patch and submit it to peer review. Until then, I think its
> misleading to claim that only your magic spice makes replication work
> correctly and to make out everybody else had to go through huge pains to
> get it to work. Cos I get emails all the time saying how easy it was to
> configure and easy to administrate.

I didn't say only my magic does that. What I said was purely factual.
That PostgreSQL by itself doesn't provide everything you need to get log
shipping working and my *ONLY* point was that we should be clear when
people ask, that they will have to roll their own to a degree.

Stop being defensive.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL