Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.3.1, 8.2.7 Update Release

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.3.1, 8.2.7 Update Release
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> > These links are clearly wrong. Please at least try to click on them
> > before you post them.

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier on this. The email ended up in
the grayzone that is "deal with this later"-emails...

> I did actually run the announcement past 16 people, none of whom caught the
> error.  However, since they weren't web people, nobody looked at the
> links.  For some reason, the core web team was booted off -packagers,
> something I was unaware of, so I didn't know they'd gone unexamined.

I think that was by mistake really.

> Unfortunately, I don't have a composer for e-mail which allows me to "click
> on" the links; so if I forget a "cut & paste" test for some of the links

Wow, such mail programs even exist? :-) I can even do that through mutt
on the commandline :-P

> they don't get fixed.  Oddly, I did actually check & fix the ones on
> wwwmaster, but those didn't save, apparently?

Maybe we fixed them at the very same time? There is no locking for edits
on that page, so if you started editing it and I also started editing it
before you saved, I got the non-fixed version.

> Anyway, we obviously need the core web team (you, Robert, Stefan) in the
> review lineup since nobody else checks things like links.  What's the best
> way to do that?

A good start is probably to add "verify all web links" to the release
checklist? Doesn't have to be a core web guy to do that - it just
requires someone with a browser...

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: New email list for emergency communications
Сообщение: Re: New email list for emergency communications