Re: Re: Kernel panic error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Kernel panic error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robert.Farrugia@go.com.mt writes:
> What showed up was the "Error index_formtuple: data takes 21268 bytes: too
> big".  If anyone has any ideas on this, please share them.

That says that you have a value too wide to fit in an index entry.  If
it was from data that fit before, then I think this must indicate that
data on-disk has gotten corrupted, causing some datum to appear longer
than it was --- and then when vacuum tries to rebuild the index entry
for that row, you get a failure.

In any case I'd say this is a consequence of your kernel-level problem.
It cannot be the cause.