old database dump.

От Theo Galanakis
Тема old database dump.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
    I have an old postgres database backed up using the psql >
database.bak command, as apposed to pg_dump. The database was on a linux
machine.

    I'm now trying to restore this db on a windows machine using
pg8.0. However pg_restore cannot recognize the file and psql <
database.bak prompts me for a password. How can I run the psql command
without being prompted for a password. The password prompt and < command
do not mix well as you are prompted for a password and then the command
piped the file to the password prompt. If you know what I mean :(

Is there another means of restoring this database.

Theo

Notice from Melbourne Business School Ltd

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, and is intended for
the named person's use only.  It may contain proprietary or legally privileged
information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender and delete it immediately.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not
the intended recipient

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any
attachments for viruses. Melbourne Business School does not accept any
liability for loss or damage which may result from receipt of this message or
any attachments.