Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 16:51 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Uh, what? You'd need to check the *sender*, not the recipient? At least
> > that's where this thread started...
> > But yeah, that would also work, as long as there is a good way to
> > maintain that list. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but I'm unsure how it
> > would interface with the hub.org mail infrastructure. Marc?
>
> You've lost me here ... how would wnat interface?  This is all done internal to
> Majordomo2 ... nothing to do with the mail system itself ...

Andrew specifically asked if we could have these mails bounced *before*
they reached Majordomo. That's where it started. He only asked for
bouncing email that pretended to be from the list itself, though, which
is a lot less (and easier/safer to do) than what was suggested by both
me and JD. Perhaps Andrews suggestion can be implemented?

> > That said, I still think we should check the recipient of the email on
> > all MXes, but that's a completely different thing that has also been
> > discussed before. (We do check them on the listserver)
>
> We've been checking recipient on all MXs since it was discussed last time
> *scratch head*  Or am I missing something ... ?

Oh. I must have missed that information. If we do that now, that's
great! :-)

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Сообщение: Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?