Re: user name doesn't seem to resolve to $user in search_path

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: user name doesn't seem to resolve to $user in search_path
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
frank.messie@osix.nl writes:
> I have a problem with the following.
> I start psql as user "testusr" in database "testdb"
> In the database I have created a schema with the name of a user
> CREATE SCHEMA testusr ;
> The search_path is the default               $user,public
> Then I create a table
> CREATE TABLE test (name char(8)) ;
> Now I get the error message "No namespace have been selected to create
> in".

This sounds like the search path didn't get recomputed when you created
the new schema, but I cannot reproduce any such problem:

regression=# create user tstuser;
CREATE USER
regression=# grant create on database regression to tstuser;
GRANT
regression=# \c - tstuser
You are now connected as new user "tstuser".
regression=> select current_schemas(true);
   current_schemas
---------------------
 {pg_catalog,public}
(1 row)

regression=> create schema tstuser;
CREATE SCHEMA
regression=> CREATE TABLE test (name char(8)) ;
CREATE TABLE
regression=> \dt test
        List of relations
 Schema  | Name | Type  |  Owner
 tstuser | test | table | tstuser
(1 row)

regression=> select current_schemas(true);
       current_schemas
 {pg_catalog,tstuser,public}
(1 row)

Are you sure you spelled the schema name the same as the user name?