Re: Postgres SQL Client for Suse Linux

От yogesh
Тема Re: Postgres SQL Client for Suse Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Oct 24, 8:56 am, aroravisha...@hotmail.com (Vishal Arora) wrote:
> Hi Yogesh,
>
> you can build PgAdmin III from source for Suse.
>
> http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/REL-1_8_0_PATCHES...
>
> follow the instructions given in the above link.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vishal
>
> > From: yogesh.arora.daffo...@gmail.com> Subject: [ADMIN] Postgres SQL Client for Suse Linux> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007
11:02:21+0000> To: pgsql-ad...@postgresql.org> > Hello Frnds,> > I have installed postgres on Suse Linux using the
YAST-->Software.>I have to check and Manipulate the tables and check the data......is> there are any client application
towork on the Suse> Linux.............> > > Regards,> Yogesh Arora.> > > ---------------------------(end of
broadcast)--------------------------->TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate>

> Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live
OneCare!http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/purchase/trial.aspx?s_cid=wl_h...

Firstly as i am working on Suse Linux  i start the Postgres using
following commands

 Then, start Postgresql, create user 'adempiere' as superuser with
password 'adempiere':

/etc/init.d/postgresql start
su postgres
createuser adempiere

then create database 'adempiere', owner 'adempiere' with unicode

createdb adempiere -E UTF8 -O adempiere -U adempiere

Then
I have installed the PgAdmin Client  for Postgres ........

Now when i start the Client, i have not  found any server information
there....and not any database or users.....

    and when i start it again from the Command line to check......
there i get a Message a Postmaster is already running so you can't
run......something like this...

What could be the Possibilities....how  i can run see the Postgres
database there.....

Please reply as soon as possible.........

Regards,
 Yogesh