Re: Convert v7.0.2-2c1 DB

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Convert v7.0.2-2c1 DB
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 17:27, Patrick S. Riedel wrote:
>> I have a client with a v7.0.2-2c1 database stored on media.  The
>> database files were stored raw, not dumped.  Their current pgsql version
>> is 7.1; they do not have v7.0.2-2c1 installed anywhere.

> Lordy, that's a fine mess you've got there.

Yup...

> As far as what version of 7.0.x to use, I don't recognize that release
> so it could very well be a release candidate version, but might also be
> a vendor/rpm/debian style version tag.

Any released 7.0.* version should be disk-level-compatible.  Given that
this is a 7.0.2-something and not a 7.0-something I don't think you need
to worry that it might be a 7.0 prerelease.  So as long as you have the
complete $PGDATA directory tree (not a subset that omits pg_log, for
example) I think you should be able to compile any 7.0.* release and
fire it up against that directory tree.  Then pg_dump and away you go.

> In any/all cases, always copy the data over, never do anything on the
> original files.

Check, always keep a pristine copy until you *know* you have a working,
cross-checked, backed-up database in a later version...