Re: trouble with a join on OS X

От Kirk Wythers
Тема Re: trouble with a join on OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Feb 2, 2007, at 10:11 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> writes:
>> On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 10:05:29AM -0600, Kirk Wythers wrote:
>>> Thanks Tom... Any suggestions as to how much to raise ulimit -d? And
>>> how to raise ulimit -d?
>
>> Try multiplying it by 100 for a start:
>>   ulimit -d 614400
>
> Or just "ulimit -d unlimited"

Thanks to everyone so far.

However, setting ulimit to unlimited does not seem to solve the
issue. Output from ulimit -a is:

truffula:~ kwythers$ ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 256
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 1
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 100
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

Also, changes to kernel settings in /etc/rc include:
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax=167772160
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmin=1
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmni=32
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmseg=8
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmall=65536

However, I'm still getting the memory error:

met_data=# SELECT sites.station_id, sites.longname, sites.lat,
sites.lon, sites.thepoint_meter, weather.date, weather.year,
weather.month, weather.day, weather.doy, weather.precip,
weather.tmin, weather.tmax, weather.snowfall, weather.snowdepth,
weather.tmean FROM sites LEFT OUTER JOIN weather ON sites.station_id
= weather.station_id;
psql(532) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=8421376) failed (error code=3)
psql(532) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
psql(532) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
out of memory for query result

Any other ideas out there?